Thursday, October 23, 2008

My 8-pointer Sunday evening, Oct 19th...post-death















I shot this 8 pointer tonight at 5:50 pm. He came in at 5:40…made a scrape in front of my game camera, then was eating in my food plot…I drew and was leaning out over my stand to shoot around a limb…top of my bow hit the limb when I released…arrow it the ground about 10 yards in front of him. He jumped like 10 feet, stopped when I grunted and then over the next 10 mins proceed to make 8 more licking branches/scrapes.

When he was 80 yards out in my bigger food plot, I grunted 3 times pretty loud, he turned & looked at me…but proceed to keep eating. Then it looked like he was going to walk off but he turned & came straight at me. At 40 yards, he made another scrape, at 15 yards he was behind a little white pine tree…I drew, he stepped out to his right and I drilled him quartering away lung shot. He ran 50 yards, stopped looked back at me & then fell over!!

I brought him back to the barn, live wait 220lb…dressed out…185lb. Inside spread is 17.5 inches; outside spread is just over 19 inches. Tall tines are just shy of 10 inches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON!!!! Way to go Mike! So happy for you. What a beautiful deer. looking forward to hearing about it in person. Neat to see the process from scouting to fruition on camera.
KJ